Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just one cookie

You ever say that to yourself?

Just one more cookie, or just one more scoop of ice cream or one more slice of pizza or bag of chips or whatever your food is.

You think...I really want that cookie..and I'm feeling pretty down, but if I just have one it's okay right? No harm there...is there?

Well, no. That's usually perfectly fine. Unless your like me, and that one cookie turns into 5 more cookies or whatever food it is that comforts you.

See, I'm 5'5, 100 pounds, and I use food to get me through a lot. Before you get any ideas, I do not, nor have I ever, had an eating disorder.

Why? Because I'm not her. And I never will be.

But seriously. Lets say I had a bad day, which is 6 out of 7 days in the week, I'll come home and immediately go to the freezer to get an icepop. Then a cookie, then some chips or something sugary or some pretzels or anything, it really doesn't matter. But then I feel gross and I just want to go to sleep. Even if it's at like 6pm.

Relying on food to get you through the day is such a bad idea. I feel way worse afterwards. And then I just feel even more inadequate. Then to compensate for all the shit I just ate, I'll skip lunch the next few days to avoid feeling more gross.

My point here, is just don't use food as a coping mechanism. Because often times that one cookie, turns into more than you anticipated. Go outside, run around, talk to people or just write something. Whatever your thing is, just do somethig productive and awesome, because you can.

Hmm... Maybe I should take my own advice on this one. Easier said than done I guess. But hey, at least I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment