Sunday, April 3, 2011

Think about this.

Think about this.

Contrary to what others may think..those battling with depression are some of
the most optimistic, strong, and have the most perseverance than anyone else in
the world.

Think about it.

Each day, we go to bed in hopes that tomorrow will be better.
Optimism.

We get out of bed each morning, despite how hard we KNOW the day will be.
Strength.

We live each day as best we can, and we keep going even when it's damn near
impossible to keep going.
Perseverance.

Think about the worst day of your life. Think about how awful you felt on that
day. Now, for healthy people, those bad days pass. But for us, the ones who
struggle with depression, we have that bad day every single day. Depression is
like your worst day, but 10 times worse, and it doesn't go away.

"We are not quitters. We persevere. Each and every day that we get out of bed
despite feeling physically and emotionally unable to do so, we press onward.
Each night when we go to sleep and remind ourselves that tomorrow is a new day
with new hope and possibilities, we prove to ourselves and the world that we are
not quitters."

For me, depression is crippling and debilitating. But I fight every single day
of my life. Some days I want more than anything to just give up and throw in the
towel, but I know I can't, despite how much I may want to.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this. It describes things so perfectly

    ReplyDelete