Sunday, June 12, 2011

List of powerful and deep music/books

This post is going to be a list of songs and books that have a really deep meaning with me and that I feel like I can connect to. 

SONGS:
Most of them have to deal with depression, or not being good enough, or just going through rough times. I love every single one of these songs. The lyrics are so strong and have such powerful meanings. The song lullabies is actually about the song writers brother, who committed suicide. The lyrics are amazing. 
Lullabies- All Time Low
Weightless - All Time Low
Therapy - All Time Low
Sick Little Games - All Time Low
Guts - All Time Low
Beautiful - Eminem
Going through changes - Eminem
Talkin' to myself - Eminem
Me against the world - Simple Plan
Welcome to my life- Simple Plan
Crazy - Simple Plan
Save You - Simple Plan
Perfect - Simple Plan
For you - Straind (the last 2 songs says everything and more I want to say to my parents)
Fuckin Perfect - P!nk
Last Resort - Papa Roach
Who Says - Selena Gomez
The prayer - Kid Cudi
Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi
Adams Song - Blink 182
Hold on - Good Charlotte
Hope- Twista
Runaway Love - Ludacris 
Jumper - Third Eye Blind
Gotta Be Somebody - Nickleback
21 Guns - Green Day
Never Grow Up - Taylor Swift
My personal favorites on this list are all of the ones by All Time Low, hold on, beautiful, going through changes, hope, fucking perfect, last resort, perfect, and for you. The lyrics just say so much to me and make me feel less alone. 

Books:
In all of these books, the main character either is grieving someone who committed suicide, or is depressed themselves and possibly suicidal. I love all of them.
Aimee-  Mary Beth Miller
Hold Still - Nina LaCour
13 Reasons Why - Jay Asher
It's kind of a funny story - Ned Vizzini (yes, it's a movie but the book is soo much better)
Impulse - Ellen Hopkins
The Pact - Jodi Picoult 



Also, if you have any books or movies or songs to recommend, I'd love to hear them. I don't know how much any of this will appeal to adults, but hopefully all the teenagers who read this will be able to get something out of it.

1 comment:

  1. I love many of Kenny Chesney's songs-yes, he's country, but he has influence of rock in his music. His songs are very soulfoul, heartfelt, and reminiscent. They aren't all depression related, but rather, life related, and I think a lot of people can relate to them. I just like them because they are real, and many of the stories in his songs mirror ways I've felt at one time. For more of a depression-type song, try Never Too Late by Three Days Grace. They are one of my favorite bands.

    ReplyDelete